October 31, 2010

An updated prior post....and another goodbye

I found a nice copy of Wallace Johnson's RCA single and have added the audio to last month's post on him, revising the discussion about the record a bit, too. Just so's ya know.

Happy Halloween/All Saints Day - and speaking of saints, Who Dat!

That said, I also regret to pass along the news of the loss of another New Orleans music legend, Mr. Walter Payton, Jr., versatile bassist of the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and educator. For more details, read his obituary by Keith Spera and, also, Ben Jaffe's remembrance on Alex Rawls' Offbeat blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Editilla~New Orleans Ladder said...

Hey Dan,
is there a recording of Etta James doing "They Call Me Miss Thing"?
Or whoever?

I found one by a soul sister, Monica, called "Miss Thang" http://bit.ly/aaGg1M but that isn't the song I remember from my WEVL years.

Thanks in advance.

10:29 AM, November 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home