September 21, 2006

A memo from the editor

Yeah, it's been a while since the last post; but rest assured I am working on a rather large one. It's been about a year and a half in the making; so I decided to drop everything else here and get it done, since I have several more to tackle. It should be up by this weekend.

And by the way, I've been meaning to mention this. . . . I go into New Orleans every few weeks; and I've got to tell you that the city needs visitors, you know, tourists, coming in, spreading the green around, staying in the hotels and guest houses, eating the food, drinking the potables, hearing the local bands, some of whom are still commuting in to make their gigs! It's great to support the cause(s) from a distance; but please do what you can to make the trip down and see for yourself what's going on. There's still plenty of enjoyment to be had, although some of the sites to be seen are sobering, if you want to go there. I've been in the French Quarter some days and found it still almost as eerily deserted as it was two months after Katrina. Ditto for the establishments up and down Magazine Street. The city cannot recover and rebuild without one of its most vital industries, tourism, coming back. So, please, give the place some face time - soon. Or your once and future favorite spots might not be there anymore; and the hurricanes will have won.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to go back but right now with the special passport needed for the USA you have to wait at least a year or ask for a Visa and that takes ages right here :o(

Still I hope to be back one time for a Jazzfest or for a Christmas eve in Nawlins.

Does Bryan Lee still performing in the Bourbon street ?

4:01 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger soundsource said...

i couldn't agree more the city needs all of our help and our support. i've been down a few times since katrina and i'm back for more soon. for all this country has gotten out of new orleans we should give something back now when they need us.. so get on down and remember "YES WE CAN; IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TOO HELP"sipfd

10:23 PM, September 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning a trip soon. The NOPD's got to stem the wild wild west shit. Many people won't go if they keep hearing that.

8:03 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Carl said...

I dearly would love to take my wife and go back to New Orleans but I don't have enough of the green to afford to go. I hope to be able to get employed by someone willing to pay me a good salary so my wife and I will be able to go again.

1:05 PM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home