August 08, 2006

Heads Up For Those In The Mount Vernon, NY Area

I know it's short notice - but I just got the details.

Former New Orleans resident, songwriter and guitarist Teddy Royal, is performing this evening with the jazz legend, Jimmy McGriff, in Mount Vernon, New York.

If any of you live in or near there, I recommend trying to catch this! And let me know if you did.

Jimmy McGriff, with Teddy Royal on guitar
Place: City Hall, Roosevelt Square, Mount Vernon, New York.
Time: 7:00 pm tonight

I hear the mayor will be there, too.

As I have mentioned before, I have been working on a feature about Mr. Royal, who played guitar behind King Floyd and Fats Domino (to name but a few), did numerous sessions for Toussaint, and is a fine jazz guitarist. I'm hoping to wrap that up and bring you the first instalment soon. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home